Monday 29 October 2018

QUICK CARD WITH SCRAPS

Today I am sharing a super quick and easy Christmas card which uses some scraps that were sitting on my desk from another project. 

I love using up all the pieces of the Designer Series Paper (DSP) and making the most of the resources I have.  Cutting shapes out of your DSP to create themed images is a simple way to produce or even mass-produce cards for a particular occasion. 



The Under The Mistletoe DSP is on page 189 of the 2018-2019 Annual Catalogue. The paper in this pack is a mix of pine cone, poinsettia, and plaid designs, with some Christmas images thrown in. So it contains a good variety of themes within the one pack.



The sentiment I chose to add is from the Merry Christmas to All. It is a combination of "from us" & "to you". I have found this stamp set very useful as I have a choice of large phrases or smaller ones, that can be combined which makes it a very flexible set. 



To see how I created this quick and fun card, see the YouTube video below. 



To ground the trees and separate the them from the sentiment I put a strip of Shaded Spruce card stock on the card.



Until next time. Happy crafting,

No comments:

Post a Comment