Sunday 27 August 2017

CRAZY CRAFTERS BLOG HOP WITH DEBBIE HENDERSON




Welcome once again to a Crazy Crafters Blog Hop. This time we are CASEing (Copy And Selectively Edit) any project that has been created by Debbie Henderson . I am so excited to have Debbie joining us today, her work is absolutely amazing. Make sure you take some time later to check out her blog. We hope you find great inspiration from todays projects.

You may just be starting the blog hop here at my blog - Rosalie Desmond or may have come from the person previous to me. Be sure to click on the person listed under me further down the page to continue your journey on this blog hop.

This is the card that Debbie inspired me to create.






I gained my inspiration from this lovely card Debbie made recently. Debbie used what she called a Salad spinner technique to create her background, take a look here for more information.





Although I did not use the same technique (as I don't even own a salad spinner), I used the glossy paper and reinkers, then added some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball to create my background.   I simply dabbed at the ink until I created what I was looking for. I stamped on my background using Basic Black and added my sentiment on a piece of Whisper White, the same as Debbie and used the same colour base and layer as it ties the card together. Sometimes our inspiration and what we end up with look totally different.



I used the Hearts Come Home stamp set, which is actually a sneak peek from the 2017 Holiday Catalogue which goes live on September 1st. The sentiment is stamped on a Whisper White stitched oval.

Hearts Come Home (145416)

Measurements:


Whisper White Card Base 29.6 x 10.5cm, scored at 14.8cm
Basic Black Layer 14 x 9.5cm
Glossy Paper Layer 13.5 x 9cm


Products:

Hearts Come Home (145416)
Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372)






Don't forget to check out all the other blogs that are in the hop for some more inspiration.

Thank you for stopping by,
Rosalie


11 comments:

  1. The background is so pretty and what a perfect stamp set to use for the little scenery. So glad I was asked to be your Guest designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. It was lovely hopping with you. Your work is amazing, making it so hard to choose a project to CASE.

      Delete
  2. Love it, love it, love it!! Love the gorgeous background, layout, design ..... everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background is so perfectly wintery! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute little scene! Looks like its snowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. I loved how the ink gave some texture.

      Delete
  5. I love the background Rose....the texture looks great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Rose!!! I love the background

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Rosalie. The background goes so well with your Christmas scene.

    ReplyDelete