Thursday 27 September 2018

INK & INSPIRATION - TECHNIQUE SAVVY




Welcome to the latest Ink and Inspiration blog hop. You are currently visiting Rosalie Desmond from AUSTRALIA. I hope you enjoy this months projects. Our theme for this month is - technique savvy. This will give you an opportunity to check out some interesting techniques.

I don't just have one favourite technique but many which I love, so it took awhile to decide which one I was going to share with you this time. I settled on a technique that I often use - Emboss Resist. 

Today's card was made for a very special little girl that was born a few weeks ago and I will be meeting for the first time tomorrow, my great niece, Chole. 



Emboss resist works with any colour but the white embossed stamped images have more of a pop when you use stronger or darker colours. As I was making the card with a little girl in mind I choose to add some pink with Melon Mambo, and knew I wanted some blue for the night sky, choosing Blueberry Bushel. The third colour, I took a little time deciding as I didn't want to stick to pink or blue shades, and chose the orange of the Grapefruit Grove.




For measurements and to see how emboss resist works see the YouTube video.


For the sentiment on the front of the card I chose Grapefruit Grove but Melon Mambo would of worked equally well. 



I hope you enjoy the blog hop and gain lots of inspiration.


Happy crafting,
Rosalie

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the pop of bright colours! Thanks so much for sharing & for being part of the IIBH Team xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card, love those colours and how they blended so well.

    ReplyDelete