Friday 31 August 2018

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM AUSTRALIA

When we purchase a stamp set we often don't notice their full protentional. We sometimes can't think past that one set and what we can do with those elements. It is a good idea to remember all those other sets that are sitting in our stash. Combining sets is a wonderful way to stretch our crafting dollar further.



As soon as I saw the kangaroo in the Animal Outing stamp set in the Annual Catalogue I knew I wanted to use it in my Christmas crafting. Then once I saw the new holiday catalogue (one of the perks of being a demonstrator is seeing the catalogues early) and noticed the So Santa set with a perfect size Santa hat.




The kangaroo is the star of the show, so I kept the design for this card very simple. Check out just how quick this card is to put together. And don't forget to subscribe to my channel.


There are so many different ways that we can colour our stamped images. We can water colour, use a blender pen, use Blends (Stampin' Up!s alcohol markers) or use Stampin' Write markers (these use the same ink as our ink pads). Use whatever you are comfortable with. I coloured the kangaroo with Blends, and the hat and presents were coloured with Stampin' Write markers.



Another thing to remember is that often non-Christmas Designer Series Paper is often very suitable to use on Christmas projects. For this card I used a piece of DSP from Tropical Escape set.

Tropical Escape 6"x6" DSP (146916)

Until next time. Happy crafting,
Rosalie






2 comments: