Monday 22 October 2018

QUICK & EASY CARD USING PETAL PALETTE

Sometimes I find that when a stamp set or colours makes there way to my desk I develop lots of ideas. This was one of those times.

A few days ago I created an easel card using the Petal Palette stamp set with Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy and Melon Mambo (see here for the project). I have used these supplies once more, but created a different card.


I used a second generation stamping technique to give the appearance of two different shades of Coastal Cabana.


The sentiment was cut out using one of the dies from the Petals & More thinlit dies set. The Melon Mambo layer was created using the same die, cut and moved down to create another layer (please see the video below to see how this was created).



I love the way the branches have turned out.



All the colours of ink in the card are also repeated in the layers of cardstock. Adding layers to a card not only gives the card added depth but also allows the opportunity to continue with the colour theme, linking all aspects of the card.



Until next time. Happy crafting,



No comments:

Post a Comment