Sunday 23 August 2015

Happy Father's Day - from the Wetlands

Time to start making Father's Day cards.

Here in Australia Father's Day is on Sunday the 6th of September. I will be interstate, with no craft supplies. Not exactly sure how I will survive, but I'm sure the kids and activities will keep me busy. So before I go away, Father's Day cards will be on the agenda. This one was made with my Dad in mind. I hope you like it.






To make this card I took inspiration from this week's Stamp, Ink and Paper Challenge. This week wasn't a sketch or colour swatch, but a photo to give you your inspiration. There is so many directions you could go with this challenge. I chose to use the colours as my inspiration.





I used a couple of stamp sets to create this card. I love using the paint wash image from the Work of Art stamp set to create a background. It makes a very simple but yet affective looking card.





No glitz or bling for this Father's Day card, just simple ink and card to add a bit of colour. 




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Thank you for stopping by,

2 comments:

  1. You know I never really knew what to do with that work of art stamp set, but you've used it perfectly to create an awesome background, Rosalie. A wonderfully simple card, perfect for a guy. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at SIP!

    ReplyDelete